August is not over yet but we could not wait to share all the new features and improvements we have been working on.
If you have a few minutes, we'd love for you to read our announcement post that introduces the high-level API of our SDK, walks you through how it works, and shows how you can use it to describe the behavior and performance of software workflows in Node.js applications.
Refreshed Example Projects
To make it easier to get started with Touca, we significantly improved/rewrote our examples repository and the examples directories of our SDK repositories. We designed each example as a hands-on tutorial that lets readers understand how Touca works through using it.
Please share your ideas on how to further improve the documentation of our open-source repositories.
We heard feedback from one of our current users that checking changes in the overall runtime of different versions requires switching tabs which is annoying. We agreed that separating the trends tab was premature and redesigned the suite overview page so that the runtime trend is shown beside other information.
Similarly, we merged the "Comments" tab in the version overview page into the main "Test Cases" tab.
We introduced a Signup with Google option as an authentication method that helps you login to the Touca server without using a password.
This small addition significantly simplifies the onboarding workflow, skipping email validation and profile updating steps. Users who signup with Google land straight into the product with a single click.
Secret Feature: If you already have an account, you can use the "Sign up with Google" button just to login.
Note: This feature is not available in the self-hosted versions of the Touca server.
Improved Personal Profile
The "Account Settings" page, now shows all the personal information Touca stores about you, including your name, username, and email address. We also rolled out two new sections "Preferences" and "Experimental Features" that let you customize your experience.
In the coming months, we will add more options and parameters to these sections.
Other Fixes and Improvements
The following is a list of other user-facing improvements we've shipped this month. Thank you all for your feedback, feature requests, and bug reports.
- Core: Show cancel button when comment editor is open
- Core: Fix first login attempt when populating form with LastPass
- Core: Update runtime chart when user switches between suites
- Python: Core python module should not depend on
- Python: Fix incorrect serialization of
- C++: Support environment variables
- Core: Improve styling of insights in each row, across all pages
We are working on the following features and improvements, in order of their tentative release date.
- Rewrite Touca documentation website
- Release first version of a formal GitHub Actions plugin
- Roll out a new landing page
- Release first version of Java SDK
- Add new tab for managing Test Cases from the Touca Server
- Release first version of Slack Integration
- Publish C++ SDK on the public Conan Package Index
Asking for Feedback
What should we be prioritizing? What is the one feature that can significantly increase Touca's value for you? Let us know how we make Touca more useful to you.